CONNECTICUT COLLEGE ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT
STUDENT-ATHLETE ADVISORY COMMITTEE (SAAC)
The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is overseen by a member of the athletics department. The
make-up of the committee and its leadership positions consist of current student-athletes.
The function of the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to:
- Promote communication between the athletics administration and student-athletes.
- Disseminate information.
- Provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues.
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletics department formulation of policies.
- Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams.
- Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation.
- Organize community service efforts.
- Create a connection for student-athletes to campus-wide committees (SGA)
- Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus.
- Represent the institution in the conference SAAC meetings.