NEW LONDON, Conn.--The Tufts University men's tennis team earned a 7-2 victory against host Connecticut College in a NESCAC men's tennis match played on the South Tennis Courts Sunday.
The Jumbos improved their record to 7-3 with a 1-2 mark in league play while the Camels slip to 1-8 with a 0-4 record in the NESCAC.
Sophomore Brian Tan (Orlinda, Calif.) posted a 6-2, 6-2 straight set victory at #3 singles to lead the Jumbos. Senior Ben Barad (San Rafael, Calif.) and Rob Jacobson (Winnetka, Ill.) joined forces in an 8-5 triumph at #1 doubles for the visiting Jumbos.
Connecticut College sophomore Joshua Suneby (Wellesley, Mass.) registered a 7-5, 6-4 victory at #1 singles to lead the home team. Senior Huan Nguyen (Pleasantville, N.Y.) rallied for a 6-2, 2-6, 10-2 triumph in the super tie-breaker.
Tufts University 7, Connecticut College 2
1. Joshua Suneby (CC) def. Jay Glickman (T) 7-5, 6-4
2. Austin Blau (T) def. JC Cangelosi (CC) 3-6, 7-5, (10-3)
3. Brian Tan (T) def. Jonathan Deeter (CC) 6-2, 6-2
4. Mark Westerfield (T) def. Jonathan Kraiger (CC) 6-3, 7-5
5. Zach Ladwig (T) def. Will Tucker (CC) 6-3, 6-2
6. Huan Nguyen (CC) def. Jake Lazarus (T) 6-2, 2-6, (10-2)
- Ben Barad/Rob Jacobson (T) def. Deeter/Kraiger (CC) 8-5
- Westerfield/Nick Telkedzhiev (T) def. Cangelosi/Basch (CC) 8-4
- Andrew Lutz/Matt Pataro (T) def. Suneby/Tucker (CC) 8-3