NEW LONDON, Conn.—The Hamilton College men's tennis team won all three doubles points en route to a 6-3 victory at Connecticut College in a NESCAC men's tennis match played on the South Tennis Courts Saturday.
The Continentals even their record at 9-9 with a 1-6 mark in the NESCAC in their second consecutive win. Connecticut College slips 2-11 with a 0-7 record in conference play.
Senior Jordan Petit (Glastonbury, Conn.) and sophomore James Oliver (Lakewood, Ohio) paired up for an 8-6 victory at #1 doubles. Matthew Billet (Bedford, N.Y.) and Buck Reynolds (Rye, N.Y.) triumphed in a 9-7 decision at #2. Jon Franzel (New York, N.Y.) and Ian Antonoff (New York, N.Y.) coasted to an 8-1 victory at third doubles.
Connecticut College sophomore JC Cangelosi (Estero, Fla.) posted a 6-2, 6-3 victory at #2 singles. Jonathan Kraiger (Springfield, Vt.) chipped in with a 7-5, 6-3 triumph at #4 singles. Junior Will Tucker (London, U.K.) added a 6-1, 6-2 victory at #6 singles for the Camels.
Hamilton College 6, Connecticut College 3
1. Jon Franzel (H) def. Joshua Suneby (CC) 6-2, 6-2
2. JC Cangelosi (CC) def. James Oliver (H) 6-2, 6-3
3. Jordan Petit (H) def. Jonathan Deeter (CC) 6-1, 6-2
4. Jonathan Kraiger (CC) def. Matthew Billet (H) 7-5, 6-3
5. Benjamin Stern (H) def. Huan Nguyen (CC) 6-2, 6-2
6. Will Tucker (CC) def. Kolya Kerz (H) 6-1, 6-2
- Petit/Oliver (H) def. Deeter/Kraiger (CC) 8-6
- Billet/Buck Reynolds (H) def. Suneby/Cangelosi (CC) 9-7
3. Jon Franzel/Ian Antonoff (H) def. Jeff Basch/Nguyen (CC) 8-1