GREENSBORO, N.C.--The Connecticut College men's tennis cruised to a 7-2 victory against Guilford College in Greensboro, N.C. Thursday.
The Camels improved their record to 2-0 in the early season, while the Quakers slipped to 3-6.
Junior JC Cangelosi (Estero, Fla.) coasted to a 6-2, 6-0 straight set victory at #2 singles to lead the Camels to the win.
At third singles, Jonathan Deeter (La Quinta, Calif.) chipped in with a 6-2, 6-0 triumph.
Jonathan Kraiger (Springfield, Vt.), Jonathan Sokolsky and Douglas Butturini (Sarasota, Fla.) all contributed with straight set victories in their respective slots at #4, 5, and 6 on the ladder.
Deeter and Kraiger joined forces in an 8-0 blanking of the Quakers at the number one doubles slot.
At second doubles, Cangelosi and Joshua Suneby (Wellesley, Mass.) secured an 8-3 victory for the Camels.
- Turner Votipka (G) def. Josh Suneby (CC) 6-0, 6-3
- JC Cangelosi (CC) def. Erik Meiler (G) 6-2, 6-0
- Jonathan Deeter (CC) def. Trevor Cox (G) 6-2,6-0
- Jonathan Kraiger (CC) def. Levi Bruff (G) 6-0,6-0
- Jonathan Sokolsky (CC) def. Mason Church (G) 6-4,6-2
- Doug Butturin (CC) def. John Brvenik (G) 6-0,6-4
- Deeter/Kraiger (CC) def. Smedley/Cox (G) 8-0
- Cangelosi/Suneby (CC) def. Bruff/Church (G) 8-3
- Howell/Brvenik (G) def. Sokolsky/Stephen Jones (CC) 8-6