NEW LONDON, Conn.--The Trinity College men's tennis team secured an 8-1 victory against Connecticut College in a NESCAC match played on the South Tennis Courts Wednesday.
The Bantams improved their record to 6-3 (2-1 NESCAC) with their third consecutive win, while the Camels slipped to 4-3 with a 0-2 mark in conference action.
Dan Carpenter (Wayzata, Minn.) edged out Connecticut College junior Josh Suneby (Wellesley, Mass.) in a closely contested battle at #1 singles, winning the super tie-breaker 10-8. Sophomore Ned Mandel (Chevy Chase, Md.) held off Camel sophomore Jonathan Kraiger (Springfield, Vt.) in a 6-3, 7-6 victory at third singles.
Connecticut College junior two-sport standout JC Cangelosi (Estero, Fla.) provided the major highlight for the hosts, prevailing in a 6-4, 7-5 victory for the Camels.
- Dan Carpenter (TC) def. Josh Suneby (CC) 5-7,6-4, 10-8
- JC Cangelosi (CC) def. Rutendo Matingo (TC) 6-4,7-5
- Ned Mandel (TC) def. Jonathan Kraiger (CC) 6-3, 7-6
- Musyoka Mbithi (TC) def. Jonathan Deeter (CC) 6-2, 6-2
- Ford Traff (TC) def. Jonathan Sokolsky (CC) 6-2, 6-3
- Ilya Levin (TC) def. Will Tucker 6-1, 6-1
Carpenter/Myers (TC) def. Deeter/Kraiger (CC) 8-3
Traff/Mbithi (TC) def. Suneby/Cangelosi (CC) 8-5
Levin/Matingo (TC) def. Doug Butturini/Daniel Maffa (CC) 8-1