#12 Bowdoin College 7, Connecticut College 2 Cangelosi & Suneby Post Victory at #2 Doubles
NEW LONDON, Conn.--The 12th ranked Bowdoin College men's tennis team earned a 7-2 victory against Connecticut College in a NESCAC match played on the South Tennis Courts Sunday.
The Polar Bears improved their record to 7-4 with a perfect 2-0 mark in the NESCAC, while the Camels fell to 4-4 with a 0-3 mark in conference play.
Sophomore Luke Trinka (Oak Park, Ill.) cruised to a 6-2, 6-0 victory at number one singles to lead the visitors in the triumph. Chris Lord (Beverly Hills, Calif.) contributed with a 6-4, 6-3 win at third singles for the Polar Bears.
After dropping his first set, Connecticut College junior JC Cangelosi (Estero, Fla.) rallied for a victory at second singles, gutting out a 10-5 decision in the super tie-breaker.
King joined forces with Kyle Wolstencroft (Greenwich, Conn.) in an 8-4 victory at number one doubles for Bowdoin.
Josh Suneby (Wellesley, Mass.) and Cangelosi pulled out an 8-5 decision at number two doubles for Connecticut College in the setback.
April 6, 2014
Bowdoin College 7, Connecticut College 2
Bowdoin 7-4 (2-0 NESCAC)
Connecticut College 4-4 (0-3 NESCAC)
- Luke Trinka (BC) def. Josh Suneby (CC) 6-2, 6-0
- JC Cangelosi (CC) def. Sam King (BC) 3-6, 6-4, 10-5
- Chris Lord (BC) def. Jonathan Kraiger (CC) 6-4, 6-3
- Kyle Wolstencroft (BC) def. Jonathan Deeter (CC) 6-2, 6-2
- Chase Savage (BC) def. Jonathan Sokolsky (CC) 6-1, 6-2
- Hugh Mo (BC) def. Doug Butturini (CC) 6-2, 6-2
- King/Wolstencroft (BC) def. Deeter/Kraiger (CC) 8-4
- Suneby/Cangelosi (CC) def. Savage/Trinka (BC) 8-5
- Peter Davis/Eric Chien (BC) def. Butturini/Daniel Maffa (CC) 8-1