NEW LONDON, Conn.--The Connecticut College men's tennis team celebrated senior weekend with a 7-2 triumph against Hamilton College on the South Tennis Courts Saturday.
The Camels improved their record to 8-10 while the Continentals fell to 9-11.
Seniors Josh Suneby (Wellesley, Mass.) and JC Cangelosi (Estero, Fla.) paved the way to the victory. Suneby posted a 6-3, 6-1 triumph at #1 singles while Cangelosi chipped in with a 6-1, 6-3 straight set win at #2. The senior tandem joined forces in an 8-6 win at number one doubles for Head Coach Chris O'Brien's squad.
Eyad Nagori (Fairfield, Conn.) and Jonathan Cohen (New York, N.Y.) earned victories for the visitors in their respective slots at number four and number five singles for Hamilton.
New London, Conn. April 25, 2015
Connecticut College 7, Hamilton College 2
1. Josh Suneby (CC) def. Matthew Billet 6-3, 6-1
2. JC Cangelosi (CC) def. Max McKee-Proctor 6-1, 6-3
3. . Jonathan Kraiger (CC) def. James Oliver (HC) 6-2, 6-3
4. Eyad Nagori (HC) def. Jonathan Deeter (CC) 1-6, default
5. . Jonathan Cohen (HC) def. Daniel Maffa (CC) 7-6, 6-7, 10-5
- Suneby/Cangelosi (CC) def. Billet/Oliver (HC) 8-6
- Kraiger/Sachs (CC) def. Nagori/Antonoff (HC) 8-1
- Deeter/Maffa (CC) def. McKee/Proctor/Alex Streich (HC) 9-8