ORLANDO, Fla.--The Connecticut College men's tennis team dropped a 7-2 decision to Franklin & Marshall College today in Orlando, Fla.
The Diplomats improved their record to 4-1 in the early season, while the Camels fell to 0-2.
Sophomore Ben Sachs (pictured, Mount Kisco, N.Y.) outlasted his opponent at third singles, winning the super tie-breaker in 10-7 decision for Connecticut College.
At fourth singles, freshman Will Cannon (Fairfield, Conn.) won another thriller for the Camels, posting an 11-9 win in the super tie-breaker for Head Coach Chris O'Brien's squad.
Franklin & Marshall College 7, Connecticut College 2
Mar 15, 2016 at Orlando, Fla.
1. Doug Kaplan (F&M) def. Charlie Williams (CONNCOL) 6-1, 6-3
2. Zack Levin (F&M) def. Daniel Maffa (CONNCOL) 6-1, 6-1
3. Ben Sachs (CONNCOL) def. Jack Rothman (F&MM) 6-1, 5-7, 1-0 (10-7)
4. Will Cannon (CONNCOL) def. Inigo Flores (F&MM) 7-5, 1-6, 1-0 (11-9)
5. Will Samuels (F&M) def. Ethan Hecker (CONNCOL) 6-2, 6-1
6. Giovanni Corrado (F&M) def. James Wright II (CONNCOL) 7-5, 6-1
1. Doug Kaplan/Jack Rothman (F&M) def. Jonathan Kraiger/Ben Sachs (CONNCOL) 8-2
2. Will Samuels/Vasant Rajamanickam (F&M) def. Charlie Williams/Daniel Maffa (CONNCOL) 8-5
3. Zack Levin/Isaac Salas (F&MM) def. Johnny Cissel/Will Cannon (CONNCOL) 8-4
Connecticut College 0-2
Franklin & Marshall 4-1
Order of finish: Doubles - 1,3,2; Singles - 2,1,5,6,4,3