WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass.--The ninth ranked Williams College tennis team posted a 9-0 shutout victory against Connecticut College in a NESCAC match played in Williamstown, Mass. Sunday.
The Ephs improved their record to 9-2 and are 2-1 in the NESCAC. The Camels fell to 3-8 with a 0-2 mark in conference action.
Jonathan Kraiger (Springfield, Vt.) dropped a competitive 6-2, 6-4 decision at #1 singles. Will Cannon (Fairfield, Conn.) and James Wright II (Solebury, Pa.) kept it close in an 8-6 loss at third doubles for the Camels.
The Camels will host Babson College Wednesday for a 3:30 p.m. match in New London.
Williams 9, Connecticut College 0
- Raghavan, Sachin (WILLIAMS) def. Kraiger, Jonathan (CONN) 6-2, 6-4
- Indrakanti, Deepak (WILLIAMS) def. Maffa, Daniel (CONN) 6-0, 6-1
- Sadowsky, Jordan (WILLIAMS) def. Cannon, Will (CONN) 6-1, 6-1
- Mackall, Blake (WILLIAMS) def. Sachs, Ben (CONN) 6-3, 2-6, 1-0(8)
- O'Connor, Christian (WILLIAMS) def. Hecker, Ethan (CONN) 6-1
- Wu, Auxin (Christopher) (WILLIAMS) def. Wright, James (CONN) 6-4
- Grodecki, Brian/Schidlovsky, Alexander (WILLIAMS) def. Kraiger, Jonathan /Sachs, Ben (CONN) 8-3
- Raventos, Jose/Sadowsky, Jordan (WILLIAMS) def. Maffa, Daniel/Williams, Charlie (CONN) 8-3
- Astrachan, Brian/Indrakanti, Deepak (WILLIAMS) def. Cannon, Will /Wright, James(CONN) 8-6
Williams 9-2 (NESCAC 2-1), nationally ranked #9, regionally ranked #4 (Northeast)
Connecticut College 3-8 (NESCAC 0-2), regionally ranked #17 (Northeast)