BRUNSWICK, Maine.--Junior Luke Tercek (Washington, D.C.) secured a 6-2, 6-3 victory at number one singles to lead the third ranked Bowdoin College men's tennis team to a 9-0 victory against Connecticut College in NESCAC action played in Brunswick Sunday.
The Polar Bears improved to 11-1 (3-0 NESCAC) with their seventh straight win. The Camels fell to 4-5 with a 0-2 record in conference matches.
Sophomore Grant Urken (Purchase, N.Y.) chipped in with a 6-1, 6-0 triumph at second singles for the Polar Bears.
Connecticut College was more competitive against the hosts in doubles pairings. Ben Sachs (Mount Kisco, N.Y.) and Charlie Williams (Mercer Island, Wash.) dropped an 8-4 decision to Kyle Wolfe (Darien, Conn.) and Yangeng (Jerry) Jiang at second doubles. In third doubles pairings, Johnny Cissel (Amherst, N.H.) and Patrick Farrell (Smithtown, N.Y.) fell by the same score to Justin Patel (Livingtson, N.J.) and Gil Roddy (Concord, Mass.) of Bowdoin.
April 9, 2017
Bowdoin College 9, Connecticut College 0
Records: Bowdoin 11-1, 3-0 NESCAC; CC 4-5, 0-2 NESCAC.
1. Luke Tercek (B) def. Charlie Williams (CC) 6-2, 6-3
2. Grant Urken (B) def. Daniel Maffa (CC) 6-1, 6-0
3. Kyle Wolfe (B) def. Will Cannon (CC) 6-2, 6-1
4. Yangeng (Jerry) Jiang (B) def. Ben Sachs (CC) 6-1, 6-4
5. Gil Roddy (B) def. Scott Brown (CC) 6-1, 6-0
6. Luke Carstens (B) def. Patrick Farrell (CC) 6-2, 6-0
- Tercek/Urkin (B) def. Maffa/Cannon (CC) 8-3
- Wolfe/Jiang (B) def. Sachs/Williams (CC) 8-4
- Justin Patel/Roddy (B) def. Johnny Cissel/Farrell (CC) 8-4