NEW LONDON, Conn.--Seniors Jen Herbert (Pawcatuck, Conn.) and Brittney Cangemi (Scituate, Mass.) joined forces in an 8-4 victory at #1 doubles to lead the Connecticut College women's tennis team to a 6-3 NESCAC victory against Hamilton College on the South Tennis Courts Saturday.
Sara Krivoshik (Wilton, Conn.) and Alexis DiTomassi (Longmeadow, Mass.) chipped in with an 8-3 triumph at #2 doubles while the Camel tandem of Charlotte Marcoux and Aneeka Kalia prevailed as the winners in an 8-5 decision at third doubles.
The Camels put an end to a four match slide, improving their record to 4-9 with a 1-5 mark in the NESCAC. Hamilton slips to 9-9 (0-6 NESCAC) with the loss.
DiTomassi rallied for a 4-6, 6-0, 6-0 victory at #1 singles for the Camels. Krivoshik cruised to a 6-1, 6-2 triumph at #3 singles while Cangemi held on for a 6-2, 4-6, 10-6 victory in the super tie-breaker at #5 singles.
Hamilton College freshman Bella Schoning (Woodbury, N.J.) posted a 6-2, 6-4 victory at #2 singles for the visitors. Sara Shaughnessy (Wilton, Conn.) added a 6-1, 6-1 straight set triumph at #4 while Aislinn Shea (Northborough, Mass.) contributed with a 6-2, 6-2 win at sixth singles for Hamilton.
Sophomore Elena Mandzhukova (Lisbon, Portugal) posted a 7-5, 7-5 victory to lead the Bobcats at #1 singles.
Connecticut College seniors Brittney Cangemi (Scituate, Mass.) and Jen Herbert (Pawcatuck, Conn.) kept it close for the Camels in a 9-8 loss to Mandzhukova and senior Ashley Brunk (Phoenix, Ariz.) at #1 doubles.
Connecticut College 6, Hamilton College 3
- Alexis DiTomassi (CC) def. Mira Khanna (H) 4-6, 6-0, 6-0
- Bella Schoning (H) def. Jen Herbert (CC) 6-2, 6-4
- Sara Krivoshik (CC) def. Carrie Uhlein (H) 6-1, 6-2
- Sara Shaughnessy (H) def. Charlotte Marcoux (CC) 6-1, 6-1
- Brittney Cangemi (CC) def. Rachel Friedman (H) 6-2, 4-6, (10-6)
- Aislinn Shea (H) def. Aneeka Kalia (CC) 6-2, 6-2
- Herbert/Cangemi (CC) def. Liz Detwiler/Meg Lee (H) 8-4
- DiTomassi/Krivoshik (CC) def. Khanna/Schoning (H) 8-3
- Marcoux/Kalia (CC) def. Shea/Melissa Mann (H) 8-5