FAYETTEVILLE, N.C.—Methodist University took five of six singles match ups en route to its 8-1 victory against Connecticut College in a non-conference match up played in Fayetteville, N.C. Thursday.
The Monarchs improved to 9-1 with their ninth consecutive win, while the Camels slipped to 1-4 with the loss.
Aneeka Kalia (Southborough, Mass.) accounted for the Camel point with a 6-2, 6-2 straight set victory at fifth singles.
Monica Rohrbach (Fort Worth, Texas) and Jillian Brigandi (Harrington Park, N.J.) both won sets in their respective slots at number four and six on the ladder before falling in super tie-breakers for the visitors.
Connecticut College vs Methodist University
March 14, 2014
Methodist 8, Connecticut College 1
1. Laura Baker (MU) def. Charlotte Marcoux (CC) 6-3, 6-2
2. Isabella Graf (MU) def. Adrieene Sieverding (CC) 6-2, 6-4
3. Abigail Randolph (MU) def. Susanna Studwell (CC) 6-0, 6-1
4. Sam Munze (MU) def. Monica Rohrbach (CC) 4-6, 6-3, 10-1
5. Aneeka Kalia (CC) def. Emily Talley (MU) 6-2, 6-2
6. Stephanie Hunter (MU) def. Jillian Brigandi (CC) 6-3, 0-6, 10-6
1. Laura Baker/Isabella Graf (MU) def. Aneeka Kalia/Adrieene Sieverding (CC) 8-2
2. Abigail Randolph/Emily Talley (MU) def. Charlotte Marcoux/Ellie Rudd (CC) 8-2
3. Linsey Gabris/Sam Munze (MU) def. Monica Rohrbach/Susanna Studwell (CC) 8-3
Connecticut College 1-4