NEW LONDON, Conn.—Charlotte Marcoux (Sudbury, Mass.) posted a 6-0, 6-1 straight set victory at number one singles to lead the Connecticut College women's tennis team in a convincing 8-1 victory against Smith College in a match played on the South Tennis Courts Saturday afternoon.
The Camels improved their record to 2-5 with the triumph, while the Pioneers slipped to 3-13 in the loss.
Adrienne Sieverding (Red Hook, N.Y.) chipped in with a 6-3, 6-0 victory at second singles. Susanna Studwell (Tucson Ariz.) powered past her opponent in a 6-2, 6-2 win. Senior captain Monica Rohrbach (Fort Worth, Texas) earned a 7-6, 6-0 win at fourth singles.
Margaret Anne Smith (Spring Lake, N.J.) earned Smith's point with a 7-6, 6-3 win at fifth singles.
Marcoux joined forces with Ellie Rudd (Minneapolis, Minn.) in an 8-3 triumph at second doubles
Connecticut College vs Smith College
April 5, 2014
New London, Conn.
Connecticut College 8, Smith College 1
1. Charlotte Marcoux (CC) def. Kelli Cheung (SC) 6-0, 6-1
2. Adrieene Sieverding (CC) def. Melanie Sayarath (SC) 6-3, 6-0
3. Susanna Studwell (CC) def. Isabelle Eyman (SC) 6-2, 6-2
4. Monica Rohrbach (CC) def. Seema Samawi (SC) 7-6, 6-0
5. Margaret Anne Smith (SC) def. Aneeka Kalia (CC) 7-6, 6-3
6. Jillian Brigandi (CC) def. Ruth Yi (SC) 6-1, 4-6, 10-8
1. Kalia/Sieverding (CC) def. Samawi/Smith (SC) 8-4
2. Marcoux/Ellie Rudd (CC) def. Eyman/Cheung (SC) 8-3
3. Rohrbach/Brigandi (CC) def. Yi/Sayarath (SC) 8-1
Connecticut College 2-5
Smith College 3-13