HILTON HEAD, S. C. – For the second straight match, the Connecticut College women's tennis team knocked off an undefeated team. The Camels (3-1) secured a 5-4 victory against Belhaven University (12-1) in Hilton Head, South Carolina Thursday. Later on in the day, the Camels dropped a 5-1 decision to East Texas Baptist University.
Sophomore Emily Migliorini (North Haven, Conn.) posted a 6-0, 6-0 straight set victory to lead the Camels past the Belhaven Blazers at second singles. Senior Susanna Studwell (Tucson, Ariz.) chipped in with a 6-1, 6-3 triumph at fifth singles. Senior Adrienne Sieverding (Red Hook, N.Y.) won a 6-1, 6-0 decision at sixth singles for Connecticut College.
In second doubles play, Angelica and Mariah Warren of McLeansville, N.C. joined forces to take a 9-7 win for the Camels. Brinley Bartlett (Malvern, Pa.) and senior captain Jillian Brigandi (Harrington Park, N.J.) won an 8-3 decision at third doubles.
Migliorini salvaged the Camels' point in the loss to ETBU (10-1), winning her super tie-breaker in a 10-6 decision at second singles.
Thursday, March 16, 2017
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Connecticut College 5, Belhaven University 4
1. Ivanna Echezuria (B) def. Aleksandra Drljaca (CC) 6-2, 6-1
2. Emily Migliorini (CC) def. Jandayia Lubin (B) 6-0, 6-0
3. Mary Lichlyter (B) def. Angelica Warren (CC) 6-0, 6-3
4. Caroline Terry (B) def. Mariah Warren (CC) 7-6, 6-0
5. Susanna Studwell (CC) def. Hannah Daly (B) 6-1, 6-2
6. Adrienne Sieverding (CC) def. Alexandria Furdge (B) 6-1, 6-0
1. Echezuria/Lubin (B) def. Stephanie Simon/Migliorini (CC) 8-4
2. A. Warren/M. Warren (CC) def. Lichlyter/Daly (B) 9-7
3. Bartlett/Brigandi (CC) def. Terry/Furdge (B) 8-3
East Texas Baptist University 5, Connecticut College 1
- Kate Bramlett (ETBU) def. Aleksandra Drljaca (CC) 6-2, 7-6
- Emily Migliorini (CC) def. Tiffany Stankiewicz (ETBU) 6-3, 4-6, 10-6
- Elisa Kendall (ETBU) def. Stephanie Simon (CC) 3-6, 6-1, 10-8
- Kaleigh Smith (ETBU) vs. Susanna Studwell (CC) 6-1, 4-3 Smith, DNF
- Adrienne Sieverding (CC) vs. Mullika Seekhieo (ETBU) 6-2, 5-1 DNF
- Kellie Cawthon (ETBU) vs. Hayley Zukerberg (CC) Cawthon 7-6, 2-1 DNF
- Bramlett/Smith (ETBU) def. Drljaca/Simon (CC) 8-5
- Kendall/Stankiewicz (ETBU) def. Catherine Rockett/Rachel Weiss (CC) 8-0
- Jabree McClaine/Ashley Schenk (ETBU) def. Brinley Bartlett/Alexandra Waldman (CC)