Apr 04, 2017
NEW LONDON, Conn.--Camille Smukler (Villanova, Pa.) posed a 6-1, 6-2 victory at number one singles to lead the 13th ranked Amherst College women's tennis team in a 9-0 victory at Connecticut College today.
The Purple and White improved their record to 3-4 with a 1-0 mark in conference play. The Camels fell to 6-3 (0-1 NESCAC). Kelsey Chen (San Diego, Calif.) chipped in with a 6-2, 6-1 victory at second singles for the winning side. Stephanie Simon (Wellesley, Mass.) played the closest match for the Camels, falling in a 6-1, 6-3 decision at number three.
Smukler and Chen joined forces to take an 8-1 win at number one doubles for Amherst.
April 4, 2017
New London, Conn.
Amherst College 9, Connecticut College 0
- Camille Smukler (A) def. Aleksandra Drljaca (CC) 6-1, 6-2
- Kelsey Chen (A) def. Emily Migliorini (CC) 6-2, 6-1
- Anya Ivenitsky (A) def. Stephanie Simon (CC) 6-1, 6-3
- Camillla Trapness (A) def. Angelica Warren (MHC) 6-1, 6-1
- Megan Adams (A) def. Adrienne Sieverding (CC) 6-1, 6-1
- Avery Wagman (A) def. Susanna Studwell (CC) 6-0, 6-0
- Smukler/Chen (A) def. Migliorini/Simon (CC) 8-1
- Ivenilsky/Avery Wagman (A) def. A. Warren/M. Warren (CC) 8-2
- Megan Adams/Claire Carpenter (A) def. Sieverding/Drljaca (CC) 8-0
Records Amherst 3-4, 1-0 NESCAC. Connecticut College 6-3, 0-1 NESCAC