BRUNSWICK, Maine.—Senior Joulia Likhanskaia (Winter Park, Fla.) secured a 6-1, 6-3 victory at number one singles to lead the fourth ranked Bowdoin College women's tennis team to a 9-0 victory against Connecticut College in a NESCAC match up playing in Brunswick today.
The Polar Bears improved their record to 10-1 with a 4-1 mark in conference action. The Camels fell to 6-5 and are 0-3 in NESCAC play. Senior Samantha Stalder (Costa Mesa, Calif.) chipped in with a 6-1, 6-1 victory for the hosts at second singles.
April 9, 2017
Bowdoin College 9, Connecticut College 0
- Joulia Likhanskaia (B) def. Aleksandra Drljaca (CC) 6-1, 6-3
- Samantha Stalder (B) def. Emily Migliorini (CC) 6-1, 6-1
- Tess Trinka (B) def. Stephanie Simon (CC) 6-0, 6-0
- Pilar Geffenig (B) def. Angelica Warren (CC) 6-0, 6-0
- Tasha Christ (B) def. Adrienne Sieverding (CC) 6-0, 6-1
- Sasa Jovanovic (B) def. Susanna Studwell (CC) 6-0, 6-2
- Likhanskaia/Stalder (B) def. Migliorini/Simon (CC) 8-1
- Trinka/Geffenig (B) def. Brinley Bartlett/Sieverding (CC) 8-0
- Jovanovic/Christ (B) def. Angelica Warren/Jillian Brigandi (CC) 8-1
Records Bowdoin 10-2, 4-1 NESCAC. Connecticut College 6-5, 0-3 NESCAC