Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Wesleyan University 5, Connecticut College 2 Sinsigali Tallies Goal, Assist for Camels

Wesleyan University 5, Connecticut College 2 Sinsigali Tallies Goal, Assist for Camels

NEW LONDON, Conn.--Tommy Hartnett (Bronxville, N.Y.) scored twice and Keith Buehler (Skaneateles, N.Y.) had a goal and an assist to lead the Wesleyan University men's hockey team to a 5-2 victory at Connecticut College Friday night in the NESCAC opener for both sides.

John Guay (North Scituate, R.I.) and Adam Kaiser (Stony Point, N.Y.) chipped in with scores for the visitors and Glenn Stowell (Hadley, Mass.) made 24 saves in goal.

Connecticut College junior Mike Sinsigali (Wilton, Conn.) had a goal and an assist while senior Dawson Luke (Wellesley, Mass.) added a score for the hosts.  Sean Murray (Stamford, Conn.) drew two penalties and had an assist, earning the second star for the Camels.

Rookie net-minder Tom Conlin (Norwood, Mass.) made 17 saves in his collegiate debut.

The Cardinals vaulted out to a 2-0 lead with a pair of power play goals in the opening period.  Hartnett scored the first goal, re-directing a shot from James Albrecht (Commerce Township, Mich.) in the slot area. Later on in the period, Buehler was able to collect a puck from Collins at the far post for another power-play marker with 13:03 remaining.

In the middle period, the Camels got one back when Kevin Reich (Montvale, N.J.) assisted Sinsigali for a score from the left circle.

The Camels were out-shot 9-to-6 in the middle period but seemed to have momentum. However, the Cardinals responded with two quick scoring strikes coming 1:16 apart to open up a 4-1 advantage in the early stages of the third period.

Luke got one back with 12:51 remaining with Murray and Sinsigali assisting but the Camels could not get any closer and Wesleyan was able to hold on for the 5-2 win.

Both teams return to action Saturday. The Cardinals visit Tufts for a 4:15 p.m. game in Malden, Mass. while the Camels host Trinity for a 3:00.  p.m. game in New London.